Online aquarium company recommendations?

eyespot

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2007
Williamstown, MA
Hi! I'm putting away money to upgrade my 125 gallon to a 240 or larger (6ft x 30 in wide x 24in tall) and was wondering if anybody had recommendations for online companies I can price and compare. I have a 195 wide from Glasscages that's two years old and so far no complaints about the tank (although there was no access in the back of the stand for equipment and when I talked to the customer service woman she said it was my fault for not requesting it, which I though was weird). I live a few hours from the nearest decent pet store so getting a tank delivered is probably my best option. I've been keeping an eye on Craigslist and the MFK marketplace just to get a general idea of what's available but used large tanks in good condition are slim pickings and transporting them myself is an issue. Thanks for any help and suggestions.-Breck

CaptainS

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Bay Area
Depends on what material you want acrylic if so I would go with midwest custom aquariums or titan aquatic exhibits they are a bit pricey but they have some the best quality aquariums I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

eyespot

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2007
Williamstown, MA
Thanks! I've never kept acrylic. My only reservation is that they scratch easily but I'm considering any options. I'll look into your two recommendations.

eyespot

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2007
Williamstown, MA
I looked into your two recommendations. Gorgeous aquariums but my budget dictates something solid, dependable, and basic even though I'd love to be able to own one of those big league luxury set-ups :).

CaptainS

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Bay Area
I dont know if you could afford acrylic if you cant afford it im going to recommend starphire glass aquarium builders ill try to name a few good builders that build it and can ship it here are some Neptunes aquatics San Jose CA,Planet aquariums Dallas Texas http://www.planetaquariums.com/ this is all I could find for now I will try to find more these guys build starphire glass aquariums you could also check your local fish store to see what dealers they have that could build you a custom aquarium.

CaptainS

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Bay Area
Are you kidding me why does everyone always recommend glass cages they arent very good especially in the long run they are cheap yes but have alot of problems just research it online and on this forum and other forums and you can read the problems people have had with glass cages. Sometimes you have to put a little more money into something if you want good results.

fishbum

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2007
Antarctica
No I'm not kidding you. I have some of their tanks. No problems. Don't believe everything you read.......

If they were so bad, they wouldn't be in business.

What is your personal experience with them Captain?

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn

CaptainS

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Bay Area
well it actually depends the bigger the cage from them the more problems your likely to have from there aquariums but there are plenty of horror stories on reef central,aquarium advice,aquatic community,barrreport and so on that tell about the problems they have so I wouldn't recommend them so heed my warning they are a bad company. But someone at one of my aquarium stores told me that they are a hit or miss so I would check out some of the other options I recommended above.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store