R/T Breeding Advice,,,,,

Chiapet29

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2015
long island, ny
I have two juvenile Green Texas's, just added a Blood Parrot, Hopefully a female! Never breed R/T's before, I really wanted some female Purple Rose Queen's or KKP's, but supply are limited!!!!! Hopefully they pair off,,,

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
If you end up with a female parrot and male texas the rest will be a walk in the park. We have bred them before and I never saw anything that wanted to mate as much as a female parot.

Chiapet29

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2015
long island, ny
Thx, I think my Parrot is a female cause all my G/T does is fallow her around the tank & try to get her to lay eggs, but she hasn't yet, I think cause he might not be fertile yet (still too young) Still fun to watch!

TexOscar1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2014
Texas
How do you know the blood parrot is female? Did you vent or is there something that stands out? I have a blood parrot but have no idea what sex it is and am curious.

Chiapet29

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2015
long island, ny
I didn't vent, just a guess, cause my green texas killed another g/t & harasses my frontosa, but he fallows my blood parrot around & pretty much wont leave her side. I figured if it was a male He would try to attack him & show his dominants

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store