Aquarium Cleaner

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
I am not able to vacuum the gravel. Just because aquarium is in the basement and I use python which doesn't have enough suction when connected to a hose in ground floor. This morning I saw planeria/nematodes on my aquarium glass. My water changes are consistent 50% bi weekly. My question is there an aquarium product available like some kind of liquid or something which I can add to water to get rid of access waste ?

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I would up that wc to atleast once a week and cut back on feeding a little bit. What size tank, stock and filtration?

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Rinse out filter pads and filters more often. I would swap out gravel for sand.

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
I would up that wc to atleast once a week and cut back on feeding a little bit. What size tank, stock and filtration?

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Its 100gallon with a 530 g/h canister filter. Stock is JD and a Jag. 2 Pikes all between 6 to 10 inches.

Sent from my A0001 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I do and don't have gravel. Its sand

Oh, you stated gravel in your first post. I would remove a good percentage of the sand and have just a thinner sand base layer whereby you can easily and thoroughly can stir it up before w/c

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Oh, you stated gravel in your first post. I would remove a good percentage of the sand and have just a thinner sand base layer whereby you can easily and thoroughly can stir it up before w/c
See my problem is suction :eek:
There is no way for me to create enough. 50% water removal take almost 90 minutes. Its that's slow. And no suction means no sand cleaning

Costly both on time and money as in water charges because I use python.

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
See my problem is suction :eek:
There is no way for me to create enough. 50% water removal take almost 90 minutes. Its that's slow. And no suction means no sand cleaning

Costly both on time and money as in water charges because I use python.
Do you have a floor drain in your basement? That's where I run mine.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Get an inexpensive water pump. Place it into a five gallon bucket. Attach a garden hose to the pump and running the other end outside. Get a simple gravel cleaner and siphon tank water into the bucket, and as the bucket fills up, the pump will pump the water outside.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store