Baby Arowana care..

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
Ok so today I'm picking up a baby Arowana it's a silver aro, and was wondering what should I feed it I was think about hikari pellets and some crickets for protein, also how would bloodworms be and should I hand feed too avoid drop eye or is drop eye impossible to avoid for arowanas cause I have bottom feeders in the tank aswell. Any tips aswell I'm open for them:)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Silver Aro vs drop eyes = almost impossible to avoid in aquarium, most common cause of drop eyes is our habit over feeding our pet. You better start training your new silver on pellets ASAP or use market prawn and keep if off live, baby silver very easy to train them, the bigger they are the harder to get them off live cause they can go without food for weeks or month and it's frustrating for some folks. :D

Zeke

Banned
Jan 29, 2014
chattavegas
I use a a wooden or plastic chopstick that I've sharpened and notched a barbecue into. After I finish sharpening it, I break off the very end of the tip, so as not to be so sharp. This allows you to feed the Arowana much easier until it gets bigger and more tame. After 4-5" ,they become ravenous feeders and will chase the food down if need be. Be patient with the pellets. Sometimes it takes a little while to get them to do more than just grab the pellets and and spit them out because of the hard texture. Get it tame and used to you being its food source and you'll have good luck.

Eshwar Gandhi

Feeder Fish
Sep 27, 2017
Pls feed ur baby silver are with zebras. Caz other feeders are a harbour of many diseases. And when ur aro adapts to ur tank feed them wid market shrimps. Caz they are easily digestible and high protein .baby aro:two times a day. Adult : juz once a day.chears bro. Hv Gd luck.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Pls feed ur baby silver are with zebras. Caz other feeders are a harbour of many diseases. And when ur aro adapts to ur tank feed them wid market shrimps. Caz they are easily digestible and high protein .baby aro:two times a day. Adult : juz once a day.chears bro. Hv Gd luck.

The thread is almost 3 yrs old :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store