setting up cinder block stand open to advice/opinions

THE FAMILY GUY

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2011
NEW YUCK CITY
For a 450 10' long acrylic tank. Gonna finish up wood and foam in the morning. Any advice on the wood set up would be appreciated. Currently I have five 10x8 pieces of wood that are 1" thick then foam sheets on top. Am I missing anything?

Note, the 3 blocks on the floor and the stack of 2 will all be raised to 3 blocks high

Question, do you guys think going 4 blocks high is pushing it? Looking to finish this up tomorrow

20150408_111658.jpg

20150408_114419.jpg

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
4 rows should be good. That raises it to 32" tall keep the staggered puzzle stacking going to lock everything together. Remember with the acrylic tank the whole bottom needs to be supported. I have not done a stand like this but if it were me, I would use the boards you have laying them down first then a sheet of plywood with countersunk screws into the heavy boards. Then your foam on top of that. The tank needs to sit on a nice flat surface and the boards together I would think would cause an irregular surface

THE FAMILY GUY

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2011
NEW YUCK CITY
4 rows should be good. That raises it to 32" tall keep the staggered puzzle stacking going to lock everything together. Remember with the acrylic tank the whole bottom needs to be supported. I have not done a stand like this but if it were me, I would use the boards you have laying them down first then a sheet of plywood with countersunk screws into the heavy boards. Then your foam on top of that. The tank needs to sit on a nice flat surface and the boards together I would think would cause an irregular surface
Got it, thanks. I looked for 10' long plywood sheets without any success at home depot, will try Lowes and will return the boards, I shouldn't need both.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store