Acrylic tank bowing and needing help ASAP

K_Cichlids

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2010
I bought a brand new 350g acrylic made out of 3/4" thick acrylics and the dimensions are 96"L x 36"W x 24"H. It is running and full of water @ 84F to keep all my altum angelfish. Today I did the water change and notice that the tank front, sides, and top are bowing a little, so will this be a problem or it a normal for acrylic tank that hold water @ 84F?

Just don't want this tank to leak anywhere on where it currently setup now so please help!!!!!!!

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
From what I read a little bit of bowing is normal for acrylic tanks. Obviously there is a limit though. Maybe try posting a pic the best you can

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

qguy

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
Vancouver. Canada
Does it have braces in top ?, if so, then its bowing in the middle part of the acrylic sheets, it would help if you can measure the inside to determine how much bowing it has.

How many thousand angels are you going to stock your tank with ?

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
The top should be almost a full panel, with two large rectangular holes in it - for structural rigidity. If it is brand new, then I can't imagine it has an open top - unless if it was a crappy job by a non-professional. More background info needed.
I have two 300's that are basically the same size, with the top I described - No give at all, which is how it should be.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I'm thinking its a custom made from unknown manufacture, the thickness abit weak for 96" long tank.

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
My 450 is the same dimensions but 30" tall, 3/4 acrylic and no bowing at all

K_Cichlids

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2010
The tank does has the top and it make out of 3/4" thick acrylic with 3 opening. I don't have anything to measure on the bowing to determine exactly how much it has been bowing but to my eyes, it seen like it around 1/4" bow out on the front, back, and top.

any suggestion what to do next? I haven't have any issue with acrylic tanks until this one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store