1200gal ray tank

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Very nice Kevin. I assume this is your new build. So are you adding more bio media after whats in there matures. What kind of turnover do you have on something that large?

You have the Hens seperated for the pregnancy?

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
Ya the K1 chambers I will add more k1 to but there is a good amount as is. The sump is 2 x 120 gals joined together. The female is in the 300 alone for the pregnancy. Turn over through the sump is about 1800 gal i believe as my snapper is turned down a bit.. I'm planning on adding a 45 gal Carlson surge device on the left side of the tank that the dart will supply as it's just acting as a circulation pump presently. But might consider adding a biomedia reactor instead.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Very cool set up!
Im diggin the sump layout! How many cubic feet of k1 in there so far?
ANd get some more bass in there ;)

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Nice set up there. Tank does not look 1200 gallon, guess that is the total system volume?
What size is the display tank? You are going to have happy rays in there by the looks of things!
Well done on a great set up.

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
Nice set up there. Tank does not look 1200 gallon, guess that is the total system volume?
What size is the display tank? You are going to have happy rays in there by the looks of things!
Well done on a great set up.
Hey Jim its actually a little over 1200. Interior measurements are 114"x60"x42" full.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Nice size! Looks smaller in the vid but allways difficult to compare when you have nothing size wise to compare it too.
Perhaps you can jump in for a swim so we can gauge the size better lol. Great tank bud, congrats.

P
Hey Jim its actually a little over 1200. Interior measurements are 114"x60"x42" full.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
Nice size! Looks smaller in the vid but allways difficult to compare when you have nothing size wise to compare it too.
Perhaps you can jump in for a swim so we can gauge the size better lol. Great tank bud, congrats.

P
Lol I'll do that at some point. Once my wood bogs completely I'll need to get in to place it and I need to get some decor going in there as well. I'm growing out some a large group of Geophagus and some cichla so fishwise i should be good. I may get myself a Tigrinus as well.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

cheon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2011
canada
Nice setup...looks pro

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store