introduction

oSEAdCichoMike83

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2015
Schaghticoke New York
:screwy: Hey guys I've finally set up a profile after using your info to research for my setups for months. i tried to set up my profile from my iphone & ipod touch last night but it wouldnt show the anti spam image puzzle to start the profile. I'm a cichlid mixer & have lots of experience with reptiles/aquatic turtles. i haven't had any crazy species of turtles (yet) but i know a lot about north american snapping turtles from hatchlings to nasty lovable adults, red eared sliders & painted turtles. My seventy five gallon tempered glass tank got a score mark in the bottom from me dropping my wire cutters into it while doing my daily o.c.d. tweaks & the bottom blew out. luckily i had two carpet shampooers but that only got a little of the water. the poor neighbors downstairs got most of the water, lol. i lost my oscars to that mess. They lasted a few days but i think the injuries & stress got to them. Even Earl my tiger botia loach died a few days after but that was because he jumped out of the water in the holding tank. found him dried up on the bedroom floor the next morning. so now i have a few smaller old world cichlids & a bunch of small africans in a sea clear thirty with plenty of filtration & aeration at a constant 86 degrees. they're all doing great. My mating pair of convicts "Mickey & Mallory" are always protecting their chosen nest site from my blood parrot but thats to be expected. I thought I had two female golden mbunas until the older one turned black over night. i though it could be bloat or p.h. but nope, she has an egg spot on her anal fin so she turned out to be a he. now they're probably going to try to mate also. Don't worry, they're all small & i have overkill filtration & tons of living plants plus kuhli loaches to keep it from getting toxic. I'll have a larger tank a.s.a.p. before they get too big. So howdy, I'm Mike, nice to be here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store