What is it Worth?

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
Hey guys. I'm going to go take a look at this tank. Owner said it was the ex's saltwater tank and the water evaporated. It is glass and didn't leak when it was shut down but said that they didn't know if salt can make it leak. What should I offer and do you think it leaks because of the salt? Is there a way to check if it leaks besides filling the tank?
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/for/4967079984.html

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hey guys. I'm going to go take a look at this tank. Owner said it was the ex's saltwater tank and the water evaporated. It is glass and didn't leak when it was shut down but said that they didn't know if salt can make it leak. What should I offer and do you think it leaks because of the salt? Is there a way to check if it leaks besides filling the tank?
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/for/4967079984.html
Ask the owners to fill it with water, and you be there to observe. :)

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
If it was abandoned by the ex, you could probably get a really good deal on it. Looks like the water evaporated and all that's left is the salt. I'd be leary of using those lights with all of the salt creep on it. The salt running down the front of the tank onto the stand (and all over the light) looks like it was from the air stones in the tank. Jump on this if you haven't already. I would offer $200 as well.

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
I just talked to the owner and he said so far someone has offered $100. I don't care about the other things, I just want the tank. Going to see it tomorrow. Hope it doesn't leak.

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
I know. It seems like they don't care about it and just wants to get rid of it but why didn't they just take the $100 offer? I'm going to have to take a real good look at it to see if it leaks. I'm wondering if it's still worth $100 if I have to reseal it myself. How much would it cost to have someone else reseal it?

Saying somebody already offed that is the oldest trick in the book

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store