AquaClear 70s and Emperor 280s are absolute workhorses in the world of HOBs

There are bigger (AquaClear 110s and Emperor 400s) but the 70 and the 280 really do some good work on modest sized tanks.

They're the real deal.

The both push a really nice amount of water and have large media capacity.

Just wanted to pass that along.

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
There are bigger (AquaClear 110s and Emperor 400s) but the 70 and the 280 really do some good work on modest sized tanks.

They're the real deal.

The both push a really nice amount of water and have large media capacity.

Just wanted to pass that along.
The filters have only been around forever. LOL! Bought my first AquaClear in 1978 (still running).

The filters have only been around forever. LOL! Bought my first AquaClear in 1978 (still running).
I have a AC500 that's still in use from 1993, give or take a few years or so. My memory is foggy, it might be older.

D.Wolf

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2013
Slovenia, Europe
I have AC 500..cant say since its back in the box..cheap plastic, rattling cover, metal shift (doubt it is replacable?), not 100% to autostart at power breaks...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

I have AC 500..cant say since its back in the box..cheap plastic, rattling cover, metal shift (doubt it is replacable?), not 100% to autostart at power breaks...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
the non-auto start on is one of its quirks. Not a deal breaker for me. The plastic on my Aquaclear's seem ok. They can break if stressed enough i suppose, but again its one of its charms - they type of clear amber plastic they use. The rattling cover is another quirk I quite enjoy. A simple tap tap now and again on the cover silences it quick enough.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store