Eheim 2262 Help !!!

Pataphysicist

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
Boynton Beach
So for the past week my eheim 2262 started shooting tiny bubbles which was a sign of air getting sucked inside the filter. after putting it apart and back together I noticed the 90 degree connection from the Pump to the canister has a small O ring , that's where the air is coming in. I took it out, put it back on. Still doing the same darn thing. Thinking of just sealing it with silicone. What you guys think ?

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
So for the past week my eheim 2262 started shooting tiny bubbles which was a sign of air getting sucked inside the filter. after putting it apart and back together I noticed the 90 degree connection from the Pump to the canister has a small O ring , that's where the air is coming in. I took it out, put it back on. Still doing the same darn thing. Thinking of just sealing it with silicone. What you guys think ?
Can you change the O ring?

If not I'd go the silicone route

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Pataphysicist

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
Boynton Beach
I mean I could change the O ring, but wont be an eheim O ring, cant find parts nowhere . I think ill just silicone it and forget about it. Not like I ever need to unscrew that part anyways. Just seeing what you guys think

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Go to a hardware store. I have a giant metric 500 piece oring kit that I paid like $10 for.

It's saved me countless times

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Pataphysicist

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
Boynton Beach
Go to a hardware store. I have a giant metric 500 piece oring kit that I paid like $10 for.

It's saved me countless times

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
ill try stopping by home depot after work see if I can find one. Its weird how this thing is sucking in air, the O ring don't seem to be damaged at all.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Was there any lubricant on the oring?

If not, get silicone grease (or petroleum jelly if in a pinch)

Pataphysicist

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
Boynton Beach
So i ended up putting water resistant grease and replacing the O ring, instead of 1 O ring, i put 2 x O ring on + Grease. After i tighten everything, i put clear sealant on the top outside of the 90 degree elbow . Thing is working great ^^, figured lets go all out and never have to worry about it again. By the way, the O ring that comes with the 2262 its rigid and very little flexibility on it. The ones you can buy at any home depot/lowes/hardware store are much better. Just a little tip out there for who ever is thinking of buying an eheim 2262.

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
A bit overkill, but I gets it gets the desired result.

You would think that as much as those canisters cost, Eheim wouldn't skimp on super inexpensive little things like o-rings.......I guess you don't always get what you paid for

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
If the o-ring was rigid, it was definitely old or dried out. There are no hard o-rings that come stock on this filter. The only time I have had to replace o-rings or seals is when I pinched them during assembly or when I bought a used one that had been abused or was missing them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store