Question about large goby

Vanica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2014
Alberta, Canada
I am wondering some info about a marbled goby. Seller says it has been with various tank mates and never any issues. It is 15-16". What are people's experience with these fish?

fishnatics

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Wisconsin
Mine will eat anything it can fit in its mouth. Very laid back and calm. Tends to keep to itself unless bigger tank mates venture too close to its cave then it'll snap and push.

SharptoothBass

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2008
dc
If it fits, it's food. Including their own species. They have no swim bladder so, it's common to find them in odd positions, including upside down under a ledge.
MARBLE GOBYS do have swim bladders in fact most eleotrids have well developed swim bladders. I know a lot of true gobies if not all lack swim bladders.

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
I had one and it was like a piece of driftwood. Never moved except for at night and if I would have kept it longer it most likely would have ate anything it could fit into it's mouth. It has a personality like a goonch. Sit and wait for the food to come! Hence I didn't keep it as I already have driftwood in my tank. It can still be bought from a vendor in South Calgary if you ever head that way it too measures 15-16". Lives with big catfish,etc.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store