Multiple heater organization

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
Hello, I'm mounting 3-300 watt Jagers my stock tank sump. I'd like to keep them organized. Does anyone have a system they use? I was thinking strapping them to egg crate? Thanks.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I had 2 150w heaters ziptied to a little 1/2" pvc stand I made from some elbows and tees

It worked good but I started pumping my sump water back into the display during water changes and the heaters would be exposed, I didn't want to have to worry about unplugging them so now they just sit on the bottom of my sump

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
I just use one of my sump chambers solely to house UV and my two heaters. The water level in this chamber is always at the highest level in my sump with pump on or off, so they go there. I thought about making little "feet" or stand for them, but decided it wasn't worth it. now I just have them at a 45degree lift since the wires hang over the top.

Bud8Fan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Nebraska
It worked good but I started pumping my sump water back into the display during water changes and the heaters would be exposed, I didn't want to have to worry about unplugging them so now they just sit on the bottom of my sump
Same here, I have have two titanium heaters that just lay on the bottom of the sump. Nothing fancy.

soupa2

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
cyn
I also have 3x300w on the bottom of sump but I see condensation buildup so I called the comp I brought it from and he said its beat to have them in a little angle... So now I have the knobs suspending by a lava rock with 3 holes... Love to upload pic but can't on this phone...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store