RIP Meat Loaf my 12" Clown Loach, Thanks hikari

h0ckeyfreek20

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
NJ
I was treating my new 11- 3/4" Clown loach with an old batch of Prazi-pro.
It was doing great, treating flukes and internal worms. The Liquid was a distinguished Pink.

Ran out of my Prazi-Pro and quickly got a fresh new bottle. Liquid is clear as water.
Symptoms persist on my football-sized clown loach despite treatment.

Called the company of purchase and explained the situation. I ask them to open their bottle to confirm color, they tell me it is pink.
I receive a clear liquid with the slightest pink tint. I use it anyway. Symptoms worsen. I search forums, call stores.. They all tell me Metro/Prazi and Epsom salt (which I did)

And here I now, at the loss of a very lovely fish. Can't help but to wonder how the Prazi-Pro was so effective with my original pink liquid and then a diminishing effect with the 2 clear Liquids.

Thoughts on pink Vs. clear Prazi-Pro?

Called Hikari to speak with someone knowedgable, had some kid on the phone assure me everything was 'probably' fine.

RIP- to 'Meat loaf' my favorite and largest loach I have personally seen in captivity .

Side note: I came across a few cases of Prazi-Pro Freezing and then thawing out clear like water, thus killing the effectiveness

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
sorry for the loss. I have Prazi-Pro that's clear but still works just as effectively. I wouldn't doubt at all however the possibility of freezing/thawing neutralizing the medication.

h0ckeyfreek20

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
NJ
Sorry for ur loss bro. At 11" i bet that thing was a beast!

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Thanks man. 12" actually :(

sorry for the loss. I have Prazi-Pro that's clear but still works just as effectively. I wouldn't doubt at all however the possibility of freezing/thawing neutralizing the medication.
It was the winter months so I don't doubt it freezing. Prazi-Pro should be properly made in a lab (or properly stored). This nonsense when I get "3 shades of colors" is unprofessional. Not what I expected from a large company such as Hikari

h0ckeyfreek20

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
NJ
Literally in a matter of 2-3 days constantly giving him dip baths.

I think my plecos sucked his slime coat because otherwise that look like medication burn, Which don't think my combo of meds would have caused

clown.jpg

clown 2.jpg

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I can truly say I've never seen Prazi in any state other than an opaque liquid, reddish pink tint, but never blatantly pink.

REDTAIL1928

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Thats why I use only salt with all my freshwater fish or if its serious, I go to a local wholesaler and get pharmacy meds not the crap in the store. I dont trust any of it!!!

Sent from my SGH-M819N using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
What a shame. Sorry you lost such a prized fish.

h0ckeyfreek20

Candiru
MFK Member
May 22, 2012
NJ
I can truly say I've never seen Prazi in any state other than an opaque liquid, reddish pink tint, but never blatantly pink.
Always the reddish pink tint even in the depth of a teaspoon measurer. This was clear even through the depth of the whole bottle. Something was wrong with it.

Thats why I use only salt with all my freshwater fish or if its serious, I go to a local wholesaler and get pharmacy meds not the crap in the store. I dont trust any of it!!!

Sent from my SGH-M819N using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I dose salt if there's a wound or infection. Pharmacy meds like tetracycline or other? I had API tetracycline and erythromycin but didn't use

What a shame. Sorry you lost such a prized fish.
thank you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store