Stock for 110 gallon

Rclb4x4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2015
Huntington Beach,CA
Hi guys I need some help with my stocking. I have a 6x18x20 uniquarium. Basically I have 82 gallons for the fish and another 30 gallon for the sump in the back of the aquarium. The real dimensions for the fish will actually be is 6x13x20. My stock as of now is a 5" Jack Dempsey, 5" green terror, 3" chocolate cichlid,3" firemouth and 2 3" rapheal catfish. I would like to put 1 more Jack Dempsey, but I feel I will be pushing it. Tell me what you guys think. Thanks in advance Vince

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
the choclate will probally e picked on by the terror or the jack. Jack dempsey and green terror my or may not get along.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
To answer your stock question: You already over stocked and you will face the aggression issue with your current stock list.

Rclb4x4

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2015
Huntington Beach,CA
As of right now they get along great. The green terror is very passive. The JD is the boss. The chocolate and firemouth are left alone. Should I take out the firemouth. I have been thinking of taking him out and give him away. The fish have been together for 5 months.

CaptainS

Banned
Dec 14, 2014
Bay Area
Thats alot of fish for that size of a tank but yeah green terrors are pretty aggressive and a jack dempseys temperament is a hit or miss but you need more space for when they get older and as they get older they will get more aggressive and probably bully the chocolate cichlid.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Bio load is ok if you keep up with WC, it's the space because 1/3 of the tank space lost to the built in filter.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Opinions will vary, look into fish that stay under 8ish inches, aequidens metae(yellow acara), convicts crytpohetos sajica/nanolutes/panamensis/honduran red points, port, acara, blue acara, various smaller growing plecos,

You should look at stock lists from www.tangledupincichlids.com or www.wetspottropicals.com and research some of the species that appeal you then get some opinions from us

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store