lesson

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I need an explanation, this sounds to hilarious not to have one.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
I need an explanation, this sounds to hilarious not to have one.
giant puffer fish teeth.jpg
A generally aggressive and intolerant species that really should be kept alone. Its beak-like mouth can easily bite chunks from other fish, or in extreme cases rip them to pieces. If you decide to take the risk you will need a huge tank, and tankmates that swim too quickly for the puffer to catch them easily.

It is also very aggressive towards conspecifics. Some aquarists have had success keeping it in groups, but to attempt this an enormous tank is required. The fish will still bite one another and fight, no matter how large the tank, so “success” should be regarded as them not murdering one another!
(Fahaka puffers max length can be up to 17 inches. I think Mbu puffers can get nearly 30 inches.?)

Last edited:

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
View attachment 1078717
A generally aggressive and intolerant species that really should be kept alone. Its beak-like mouth can easily bite chunks from other fish, or in extreme cases rip them to pieces. If you decide to take the risk you will need a huge tank, and tankmates that swim too quickly for the puffer to catch them easily.

It is also very aggressive towards conspecifics. Some aquarists have had success keeping it in groups, but to attempt this an enormous tank is required. The fish will still bite one another and fight, no matter how large the tank, so “success” should be regarded as them not murdering one another!
(Fahaka puffers max length can be up to 17 inches. I think Mbu puffers can get nearly 30 inches.?)
...I know what a puffer is, and how they behave, but I want the specifics of what got bit on OP if he was in the tank with a puffer, and moreover what species took a bite out of him.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
...I know what a puffer is, and how they behave, but I want the specifics of what got bit on OP if he was in the tank with a puffer, and moreover what species took a bite out of him.
well, all righty, then. that was enough info for me :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store