Getting back into the hobby finally!

Durrells

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
Beavercreek, OH
After about three years of not having so much as a Betta tank, I got an incredible opportunity; my bosses 265g reef crashed and he decided to break it down and get rid of it. As I had shown interest, he gave it to me in partial payment for helping rebuild a car (a Lamborghini Gallardo Balboni, but a story for a different day) so I got it on the super cheap. After having paid for it, my folks decided it would be too big so I had to sell it. In trade I managed to get a brand new 90g setup which I am still thrilled about after being out of the hobby for so long. I plan to start a build tread to document the process. It will be planted live and the stock will consist of some of the smaller species of polypterus, maaaaaybe a BGK, a small school of geophagus tapajos or winemilleri if I can find them. I am still trying to decide on a species of catfish but that is the gist. I am open to suggestions if anyone cares to share, as well as to answer any questions! I'm glad to be back 😃

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
After about three years of not having so much as a Betta tank, I got an incredible opportunity; my bosses 265g reef crashed and he decided to break it down and get rid of it. As I had shown interest, he gave it to me in partial payment for helping rebuild a car (a Lamborghini Gallardo Balboni, but a story for a different day) so I got it on the super cheap. After having paid for it, my folks decided it would be too big so I had to sell it. In trade I managed to get a brand new 90g setup which I am still thrilled about after being out of the hobby for so long. I plan to start a build tread to document the process. It will be planted live and the stock will consist of some of the smaller species of polypterus, maaaaaybe a BGK, a small school of geophagus tapajos or winemilleri if I can find them. I am still trying to decide on a species of catfish but that is the gist. I am open to suggestions if anyone cares to share, as well as to answer any questions! I'm glad to be back 😃

Having a 265 in my grasp and having to swap it for a 90 gallon would sour me off again lol.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Durrells

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
Beavercreek, OH
As much as I love fish keeping and everything associated with this hobby, I'm wayyyy more interested in hearing about you rebuilding a Balboni lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Haha its a heck of a car! My boss owns Lambostuff and Bullstuff, lambo parts websites. Part of the business is rebuilding cars to know how they work. He ended up getting the Balboni wrecked from some oil lord in the Middle East for really cheap. Only problem is that to clear customs, literally everything needed to be stripped off the car and shipped seperately from the tub. Took a solid six months but we finished it!

There is a before and after shot for ya
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1429187241.104677.jpgImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1429187257.537547.jpg

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
As much as I love fish keeping and everything associated with this hobby, I'm wayyyy more interested in hearing about you rebuilding a Balboni lol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
+1
Did you get to test drive it? If so, how was it?

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
The ugly racing stripe makes it look cheap. Yuk!
And how old are you if you still live with your folks and your rebuilding lambos?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store