Got a freshwater peruvian flounder!

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
When i saw this guy last week i knew i had to get it!

Now hes in my tank exploring the new sand!

uploadfromtaptalk1429237615032.jpguploadfromtaptalk1429237635040.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Any tips on what to feed them? The store i got it from was giving it white worms for now

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

PUHUCBLMX2

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2013
Costa Rica
sounds like you have got yourself something interesting. Please keep us posted on the progress, ie tank parameters, compatibility, feeding, etc. Sorry I can not be more help, but this is one I know nothing about. I imagine you get to be the first man over the wall on this one. Good Luck.

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Thanks for the encouragement. So far hes living with an oscar and a purple wolf no problem. It barely moves and tbh my other fish have become snobs towards eating fish lol. My only worry is that this guy is in a 90g (my only tank with sand) and i cant tell if the worms make it to the floor. Iv tried finding more info and it seems worms is the way to go along with other live foods, maybe i can try n get him on shrimp.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Billium

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2015
Navarre,OH
I have never kept flounder but I fish for flounder. Flounder are site feeders so whatever swims by they eat. Might want to try a few different feeders or shrimp. Only problem your going to have is your other fish eating everything.

MHDevelopments

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 13, 2014
Suffolk
www.m-h-developments.co.uk
Try feeding down a tube directly on top or in front of him, do it several times a day as flounders are well known for starving to death, mainly because improper foods are offered but if you've got worms that it was confirmed were being eaten at the shop, it's a good start. Try blood worm also, both type of worm at same time perhaps.
Easy to feed using a rigid pipe like an inch diameter, I've fed many slow feeders like banjo catfish with this method

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

quasar

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Try feeding down a tube directly on top or in front of him, do it several times a day as flounders are well known for starving to death, mainly because improper foods are offered but if you've got worms that it was confirmed were being eaten at the shop, it's a good start. Try blood worm also, both type of worm at same time perhaps.
Easy to feed using a rigid pipe like an inch diameter, I've fed many slow feeders like banjo catfish with this method

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Would a long turkey baster work?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store