Aqueon pro heater shell cracking

Fresharo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2014
Colorado
Anyone ever have the shell crack on the aqueon pro heater? It's untouched in my sump and just checked on it because I saw a temp drop.image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

noside

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2014
NJ
Never had this happen. I've had aqueon pros running for about 2 years. Is the heater in an area with little flow?

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I have one that's been running for the past 3 years and 2 that's been running for a year and a half, without any issues. I noticed the led light on my new ones aren't as bright as the older one. I'm guessing they're probably using cheaper parts in the newer models now to increase profit.

I would make a claim with Aqeoun to see if they'll replace it. If you got it from Petco or Petsmart, I start there first.

Mihajlo525

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2015
Canada
This is why I avoid aqueon like the plague... All their products are just cheaply made knock offs of good products from good companies. Like their version of the "python hose". And all their filters are crappy and loud. Also on every product review I've seen on any aqueon product it has HORRIBLE reviews...

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
This is why I avoid aqueon like the plague... All their products are just cheaply made knock offs of good products from good companies. Like their version of the "python hose". And all their filters are crappy and loud. Also on every product review I've seen on any aqueon product it has HORRIBLE reviews...
All heaters, now a days, are cheaply made....no matter the brand name

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
All heaters, now a days, are cheaply made....no matter the brand name
Agree. I know a lot of people on here live by them. But even ehiem Jaggers have been terrible for me.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Fresharo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2014
Colorado
That's what the inside of the heater looks like, it has like cork or something inside. Also it is in a decent flow spot; sits near my return pump

SOA

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2009
Milwaukee
Aqueon heaters should have a lifetime guarantee. If you have the receipt you should be able to exchange it.

I use Aqueon tanks and never had a problem. My fish like the food as well.

That being said i usually go with cascade heaters because they work pretty well and are cheap and can keep a few new backups on hand for replacement if necessary without much cost.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store