Rosy barbs in warmer water?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Recently picked up a bunch of rosy barbs for my duaghters un heated tank but i think im going to go a different route

Could i keep them in my other tanks the temp is around 81 or 82

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014

azmtns

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2009
Prescott, AZ
They would be ok for a short period of time, but would not do well long term. They need the heavily oxyginated water at such a high temp and will most likely not last the summer. What fish are you keeping that need such warm temps? Save some money and go for lower temps (unless you are keeping discus, then rosy's would be a very bad choice)

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
They would be ok for a short period of time, but would not do well long term. They need the heavily oxyginated water at such a high temp and will most likely not last the summer. What fish are you keeping that need such warm temps? Save some money and go for lower temps (unless you are keeping discus, then rosy's would be a very bad choice)
Plecos and ca cichlids

azmtns

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2009
Prescott, AZ
The warm temps are for the pleco's then? Because the central american cichlids certainly don't need it. I have found over twenty years that lower temps are much better for the color and health of my centrals. I let the temps go into the high 60's during the winter and then warm up during the summer and they all breed and seem to be much healthier and less prone to violence that way. Rusy Westle mentioned this at an ACA talk years ago and I have followed it. Give it a try, then your rosies will work with them and you will have less psychotic centrals.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store