My Contest Entry, MY journey into the hobby

bigbadtank13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2015
florida
First off I would like to introduce myself. My real name is Andy. I am a hardcore hobbyist and love it. I first started out in the hobby as a child but never took it seriously until now. About a year ago I thought to myself, hey, I'm an adult now why not get an aquarium. So I talked it over with the wife and I found a " huge" 55 gal. LOL. At that time I did think it was huge because as a child all I had was a 10 gal. I kept the 55 gal with south american cichlids including an oscar, convicts, green terrors. I quickly outgrew the tank within a month or two and moved up to a 75gal with a wet dry filter. I found myself starting to fall in love and addicted to the hobby now. I kept the 75 gal, and also added a 29gal bowfront, 40gal breeder, 10 gal feeder tank, and a 30gal hospital tank. My wife was having a cow!! After a few months with the 75gal I moved again to a 125gal with a 40gal sump. I got rid of most of my misc tanks except the 29gal, but with the purchase of the 125 gal I also got a free 20gal long which I set up for feeders. After another couple months and having purchased a few fish that would quickly outgrow the 125 I opted for the pond route. So I built a 550gal pond inside my screened in porch. This pond housed my silver aro, 3 oscars, 2 jaguars, 2 plecos, 1 clownknife, 2 peacock bass, 2 pacus, 1 flowerhorn and 2 redtails. The pond was actually harder for me to keep up since it was technically indoors and I found myself not able to enjoy the fish as I did when I could see them more clear. So I had to convince the wife into letting me get back into the aquariums and ditch the pond. So now I have a drilled 265 gal, double overflows, double returns, 55gal sump that house my fish which I have downsized to 1 redtail, 1 golden clownknife, 1 jag, 1 flowerhorn, spotted gar, 1 silver aro. This has been my journey into the hobby I love. And its only been a little over a year!! Hope y'all enjoyed the story. :nilly:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store