TANK LARGE ENOUGH FOR ALL THESE FISH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mihajlo525

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2015
Canada
Hey guys I want to know if a 180 will be a large enough tank for when these fish are adults. I currently have a 8.5" kelberi peacock bass, 13" tiger oscar, and a 12' pleco in a 120 gallon and I plan on getting into reticulated stingrays again which get 12-14" wide. I want to know if a 180 gallon can fit these for life. And possibley a clown knife (I don't have one) But even I doubt that since clown knives I heard get 26-36" and I've personally seen a larger one. Thanks!

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
U could fit them, oscars alone just need 75- 100 gallons, and u could put a clown knife on for a few years, why don't you go with a black ghost knife they only get up to 2 feet long and are super freindly, he will be fine with those tank mates just keep ur eye on the oscar if u get him.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Mihajlo525

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2015
Canada
A 180g is a bit small for any bass for life.
Think bigger!
Are you sure? Kelberis only max out at 18" and a 180 is 2 feet wide and 6 feet long. Which leaves another extra half foot just for turning and 6 feet of swimming space since they're active swimmers. and that's for the larger kels. And I have a female which tend to get smaller than males.

Mihajlo525

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2015
Canada
U could fit them, oscars alone just need 75- 100 gallons, and u could put a clown knife on for a few years, why don't you go with a black ghost knife they only get up to 2 feet long and are super freindly, he will be fine with those tank mates just keep ur eye on the oscar if u get him.

True, I wasn't really dead set on getting one anyways. I just was thinking of getting a knife fish for once but I like rays more. Thanks :)
As well as my oscar leaves bottom feeders alone. I had a 4" wide retic ray with him and he didn't do as much as even glance at the ray.

Jacunaba

Candiru
MFK Member
May 23, 2012
The Land of Big Tanks
I'm just going to say this as nicely as I can.
Please do more research before you post threads.
Literally every thread you've ever created could have been answered within 2 min with a search.
There have been many threads that people give advice and you quickly debate with them even though you admitted to having little knowledge.
Half your threads have something along the lines of "I already know this" "I already that that". Clearly you don't.

Mihajlo525

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2015
Canada
I'm just going to say this as nicely as I can.
Please do more research before you post threads.
Literally every thread you've ever created could have been answered within 2 min with a search.
There have been many threads that people give advice and you quickly debate with them even though you admitted to having little knowledge.
Half your threads have something along the lines of "I already know this" "I already that that". Clearly you don't.

I ask these questions simply because when i go on the internet there's just hundreds of opinions contradicting one or the other. Not only that, most of the answers I get by "searching it up" aren't specific enough to my situation. And I don't "argue" with my posters, I ask things that they might have left out and that's why I mention in the last of my replies,"correct me if I'm wrong," because yes, I don't know much, especially in something as intermediate as cichla and Potamotrygons. I have done research on them but as a beginner there's still alot of questions, that's why this is a forum people ask questions specific to their predicament. You think I'd get any results by searching up on google " would a cichla kelberi, retic ray, an oscar, and a pleco fit in a 180?" no. I joined this forum because no one's experience goes past guppies and bettas on yahoo...

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
Thanks for the suggestion! But I think a Kelberi would make a nice snack out of a 12" knife fish XD. Thanks for your opinion though!
Kelberi stay relatively small. 18" is on the large side of a Kelberi. Even then I don't see one eating a 12" knife fish. Bass really only eat what they can swallow. They can eat something 2/3rd there size but that's more so compared with length. The prey has to be a bit smaller in girth to even be a possible food item.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store