How long can fish wait in the sun

KIdfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Cali
I want to buy some fish online but what worry me is the shipping. Im still a student so i have to go to school from monday through friday from 8am-3pm and only home on saturday. if i order a fish and it come during the time that i am not home and it have to wait in the sun until i get home. How long can the fish wait in the sun for. the weather were i live is around 80s F right now.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Thats pretty warm,do you have a shady area where the box can be left in? It is hard to say how long but the temperatyre could become an issue.You should know which day the package is due to arrive so just make sure you can get home as soon as possible if no one else can be there to accept it.

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
Most places will let you select a delivery date. Pay extra and set it for Saturday. With every fish order I've gotten they have shown up by like 10am and all the live arrival guarantees only apply if you send a photo in within like an hour or two of it being delivered. It doesn't seem worth it to risk it in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
I would not risk it. I have had fish shipped to me at school when I was in that situation. (College.) If you are in like highschool, then you can ask your Bio teacher or something if they can help accept the package for you.
Nobody at home to help ?

KIdfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Cali
yea im still in high school. im not sure if i can have it deliver to it my school. im not sure if they have a shipping date because im buying a fish on ebay but if they do ill be gladly to pay the extra and have it arrive on saturday.

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
You could just ask for them to request it be held at the post office.

I'd contact the seller on eBay, I doubt there'd be any reason they wouldn't let you schedule Saturday pickup if you're paying the difference.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

KIdfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Cali
ok thx guys ill try to contact the seller and the post office see if i can pick it up

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
When ever I order fish, I call the post office and them to hold the package until I pick it up.
Also better than riding around in a hot truck all day.
Most packages arrive at the post office very early, and if they are called the day before, can have the box waiting for the moment they open, if you can be early.

KIdfish

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2014
Cali
what time do u think they will be arriving at the post office. i live about 5-10 min away from the post office so it would be a no biggie for me to drop by but i have to leave for school a bit before 8am and get out at 3pm and there no1 home to pick it up for me

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
If you know what date they arrive you could book a "dentist appointment " of the morning of delivery giving you a bit of time to pick them up , get them settled in and back to school for lunch time (that's what I would have done in my school days ;))

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store