Losing Interest, help me!!!!

Mattpersico98

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Toronto, ON, Canada
I find that I am quickly losing interest in this hobby. This is most likely due to the fact that I currently don't have a tank running. Please help me, show me something that will get me excited about this hobby again and make me want to get back into the hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Nigelk8485

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
How is anyone supposed to help you gain interest? If you have interest in something...look it up. Set up a tank that you like. If you don't think you'll have enough interest to maintain a tank, then don't set one up and find a different hobby.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Don't think you can gain / retain interest if you don't have a tank setup and running buddy.

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
yeah youre either interested or not no one but you can make that decision as was said time to find another hobby

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Seems like you might be trying to find a reason to get back into it? But honetly without knowing you or the reason you left its a bit of a tall order to ask people to get you interested in it again...

Not to mention, if you really wanted to get excited about fishkeeping again, you could aways pick up a small 10G and start from there again?

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Seems like you might be trying to find a reason to get back into it? But honetly without knowing you or the reason you left its a bit of a tall order to ask people to get you interested in it again...

Not to mention, if you really wanted to get excited about fishkeeping again, you could aways pick up a small 10G and start from there again?
+1

Messing around with tiny tanks can be fun and refreshing. Small investment. Easy to move and setup

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
It may be depression or you dont want to do the work of taking care of fish so that could be why your losing interest that could be the reason im just guessing.

Work and money, and asking yourself if it's worth it.

As another said a small tank is cheap and easy, just to feel it out again.

Or go to a public aquarium and see if something sparks you.

Or go to a fish store and see if something sparks you.

Or take up another hobby. I'm getting really into dirt / single track biking lately (nothing extreme, just casual). You could give that a try. Who knows, maybe when I get bored of that I'll build the 400 gallon shark tank I've spent 3 years researching....

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
+1 on the small tank idea. Get a betta or something, you can play around planting the tank as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store