Look What I Found Today

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Rachels brother and I decided to take a walk down the creek today while the weather was nice. I stumbled across a huge driftwood stump. So we dug it out and dragged it back to the house where I sprayed it down. Ill spend my day tomorrow removing leftover bark and what not. This thing weighs about 60+ lbs. At a store I wouldnt be surprised if this sold for $100+. This will be the centerpiece for my new 225 once i get it here. I cant wait, this piece has so much character, branches growing every way. Ive never been so excited about a piece of wood in my entire life!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That is nice.All I found today was a bunch of minnows.

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
That's a nice piece of dw, that would easily go for well over $100.00 maybe $200.00.

Mihajlo525

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2015
Canada
Nice piece! But still boil it ALOT and still leave it for a minimum of a week in a tub of warm dechlorinated water (change the water everyday). Unless you want your water to look like tea XD. I did this with only a 16" piece of store bought drift wood to get rid of all the tannins! You'll be surprised how much is in there.

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
Thanks everyone. We went out looking for minnows and other small fish but turned it into a driftwood/plant hunt.

Sent from my SM-G900P using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store