Good Source and Quality Bulkheads

need2ball

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Are all bulkheads created equal?

Has anyone heard of Lifegard Aquatics bulkheads? If so are they any good? I've found them for a decent price but want to make sure they are okay.

Do you have any recommendations on bulkheads and where to get them? I need 16 of them so it all adds up.

Thanks!

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
Bought mine in bulk off of ebay, amekaaquatic was seller. Look as good as the ones we used to plumb the store I worked at.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I generally buy all my bulkhead from JEHMCO or Kens Fish.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I also get them from Jehmco but beyond brand, I prefer everything I use to have as many options as possible, because things always change, and evolve.
So I prefer bulkheads to be threaded on the outside, and inside, in order to easily accommodate whatever changes I may dream up.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
I've bought a few of the lifeguard aquatics bulkheads from marinedepot. They cost about half of what they do on amazon.

Just put 2 more in last night. No leaks so far knock on wood

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zukiGS500

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2009
Mke
I've always ordered from glass-holes.com, never had any problems, plus they toss in a few pieces of candy with every order.

Bud8Fan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Nebraska
I've bought a few of the lifeguard aquatics bulkheads from marinedepot. They cost about half of what they do on amazon.

Just put 2 more in last night. No leaks so far knock on wood
Two votes for marinedepot.com
Great quality at good prices.

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
All my bulkheads are from Bulk Reef Supply. I don't know think they're probably the cheapest you can buy, but what I use. A family member suggested to me since the ABS that used just seems not as "brittle" as some of the other brands and seems to tighten well. The one thing I've noticed was that the are sometimes small little remains from the molding process which I don't like from a seal perspective. Overall they have worked well, and, I don't know if that's specific to the BRS brand or all bulkheads have that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store