Cloud eye

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I don't even get nervous if I see cloudy eye anymore...seems like anything can cause it for a day or two. If your water qualities good and the fish isn't sick otherwise, I'd say he may have bumped it or got something in his eye during the change. My featherfin cat got it bad for a week after I brought him home from a pet store, went away almost as quickly as it appeared.

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
If it's just slightly cloudy, then the fish may be a bit more sensitive to water conditions and a water change will fix it (my clown knives have always been like this). If it looks really bad in just one eye, as was the case with my Yellow tail cuda last week, he probably injured it on a decoration somewhere in the tank. I still did an extra water change and his eye is back to normal much faster than I expected.

framcosco

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2010
los angeles, ca
Do more water changes. 95% of the time is due to water parameters. What percentage? 50% water change? Do you use a dechlorinator like safe or prime? It's actually a good thing you have a bichir that is more sensitive than the rest.... it gives you a heads up something is not right in your water column versus one day waking up and seeing all bichirs with cloudy eyes.......

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
API Fresh Water Test Kit is a wonderful thing. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store