Some snapshots of my growing Leichardti...

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
A little bored and decided to gather some snapshots of my lei and how it's grown in the past 3 months. Sorry for the bad phone pixs, but you get the idea :D - thanks for viewing...

UPS arrived and received on January 14:

Still in bag - let me out...

Bagged.jpg

Acclimated and let loose in his tank at ~3"

Arrived Home.jpg

~ 5 weeks later:

5 weeks Later.jpg

~ 10 weeks later:

10 weeks later.jpg

After ~ 3 months since arriving home:

3 months.jpg

3 months two.jpg

Bagged.jpg

Arrived Home.jpg

5 weeks Later.jpg

10 weeks later.jpg

3 months two.jpg

3 months.jpg

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Stunning , you've got a great growth rate going on there nice job :thumbup::)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Thanks everyone. As it gets bigger, I like seeing how it's scales reflects the natural light (vs. T5 lights)...these camera phones defintely don't do it justice...

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Lol phones never do aros justice there far to quick for them :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
Very cool! I actually just ordered one myself, due to arrive tomorrow hopefully!

Do you mind me asking, what size tank did you start him in? Any tankmates? I was planning on growing mine out a bit in a 40 breeder with no tankmates, them moving him to a larger community tank when he puts on more size. You seem to be doing it right, so any input would be appreciated.

Again, awesome fish!

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Nice looking fish you have there.

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Glad you all can appreciate :nilly:

@John, it's exciting waiting for the shipment, right, hahaha? Well, I don't know how right I am, but this is what I have/did. My tank is 72"x30"x28", and that's where the Lei has been since day one. It's shared with a only pair of blood red parrots (I've had since around ~2"), one gold nugget and blue phantom pleco both at about ~3.5". This thread is about my Lei, but don't want the mates to feel left out so taking this chance to show them too...LOL

~ 1.5 months back
View attachment 1071539

~2 months back (no blue phantom)
View attachment 1071540

Overall, I'd say they get along relatively well. The Lei will chase after the parrots in short spurts ONLY when they get too near his pellet food (I hand feed him live food). He does go down to where they hangout where they the two sometimes try to "nudge" him away, but he usually just ignores them and swims off. I think if you have the option with a smaller tank, it would not hurt to keep him there - especially if he's going to be a little guy and depending on your tank mates. Based on what I had, I just observed closely - I'm more concerned about the mates at this point and not the Lei. HTH.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store