Leopard gecko substrate

Skittle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2012
PA
Ive noticed alot of people say playsand mixed with eco earth is good for leo geckos. Does anyone have a picture of their sand and soil mix? Id love to see how it looks

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Skittle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2012
PA
Also, all i have for this tank is just a regular flourescent light. Is this all i need? I am going to get a under tank heater to make a warmer side, but do these geckos need and more light, or any light at night?

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
Also, all i have for this tank is just a regular flourescent light. Is this all i need? I am going to get a under tank heater to make a warmer side, but do these geckos need and more light, or any light at night?

Since they're nocturnal light isn't that important to them. I have a fluorescent light for viewing and an UTH on the one end of the tank. I also have a 40 watt ceramic heat emitter over the middle of the tank that warms some of the rocks that they like to rest on. I only turn this on during the cooler months of the year since they live in my basement. I'll try to get some pics of the tank this week if I get the chance.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store