Getting Bored With Tanks

TropicalStorm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2012
Texas
I've had a 73 gallon tank with the same Oscar for about 4 years along with his smaller flowerhorn buddy and pleco. I've recently over the last 6 months really started to lose interest in this tank in general. I don't feel like getting rid of the fish because I'm attached, but at the same time currently feel bored with the tank. Any suggestions?

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Can always buy another tank to play with, lol. You could also play around with the decor to keep it fresh.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
Many of do lose interest in our hobbies after a period, its just the way it is. I personal would let the fish go. Find them a good home, and perhaps you may one day get a chance to get them back, should you feel the hobby calling you back again. GL

TropicalStorm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2012
Texas
Many of do lose interest in our hobbies after a period, its just the way it is. I personal would let the fish go. Find them a good home, and perhaps you may one day get a chance to get them back, should you feel the hobby calling you back again. GL
I haven't lose interest in the hobby, and have other tanks as well. It's just this one tank that bothers me and I'm not sure what to do about it

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I would consider playing around with the aquascape in that tank if its boring you? I find changing the scape in my 200G can to really kick interest of that tank back up...

noelsfishland

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
In My Aquarium
go brackish I did and am loving it so many schooling fish and a bunch of fish to chose from.I had a lot of fresh water fish that I eventually let them go and there doing great and its something I never did before and its nothing like trying to keep salt water fish.You don't have to be a rocket scientist to maintain water quality.I have been in the hobby for at least 30 years and its a nice change.

Hoplo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
New Zealand
More then one tank is my solution.
I am currently bored with my big cichlids tank, but am really into my planted tank, but I know eventually flip back to being interested in my big tank, so I not going to sell them off, because I will very much regret it.

Oscarum monstruoso

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
Well your stock in that tank is a very limiting situation. Id leave the flowerhorn in that tank, grow him out to max size in it, thats more fun than just watching him stagnate. Then put the osar in a 125 and monster him up as well. Presto, instant fun.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store