Wolf fish tank mates??

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
Is there any kind of wolf fish tht plus be good with 3 pacu and 1 oscar? And yes before u say anything there is future plans for a indoor pond build for the pacus lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Reactions: AR1

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
My Mala (common) wolf never bothered fish that were significantly larger than he was. He did occasionally bite my clown knife, but that was when the knife about his size. As long as the other fish are larger, you should be ok.

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
Arowana, most likely. The gar and the poly might be a problem since they both rest on the bottom of the tank.

Aside from occasional displays of aggression, the most violent thing my wolf ever did was kill a RTC that was probably 2-3" larger than him. I couldn't figure out why, but then I realized that all the other fish I've kept with my wolf, tended to swim in the middle to upper regions of the tank. Come to think of it, that's probably why my Knife got bit every now and then too. At least with my mala, as long as you stay off the bottom of the tank, and out of his way, he's usually ok. He's still by himself right now though, since I didn't want him murdering my 2 new FL gars.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store