Greater Pittsburgh Aquarium Society (GPASI) Spring Auction

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Hoping I'm allowed to post this here, if it's not supposed to go here then a mod may move or delete it. I'm supposed to spread the word of this as I'm on the BOD for the club.

For those hobbyists who live in the Pittsburgh, PA area or are willing to make the drive, GPASI will be having their annual spring fish auction this Sunday, April 26th, 2015. Location will be Double Tree hotel by Hilton in Mars PA. Doors open at 8:00 AM, registration starts at 9:30 AM, and the auction begins at 11:00 AM and tends to last all day, however you may leave whenever you'd like. In addition to the hundreds of bags of fish being auctioned there are also various 50/50s, a raffle, and vendors from small and big companies alike selling their goods. I highly encourage anyone in the area to attend as it's a great auction with all kinds of fish to suit all different aquarists, most fish being auctioned are breed-able as well. Feel free to bring any fish you'd like as long as they're healthy and maybe you'll make some extra cash in doing so. Hope to see some of you there! (Here is the copy/pasted information from the GPASI website).

Greater Pittsburgh Aquarium Society, Inc.
Spring Auction 2015

OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

Sunday April 26th, 2015 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
formerly the Four-Points Sheraton, in Cranberry Township
910 Sheraton Drive Mars, PA, 16046
Phone (888) 950-5062

Times:
Doors open at 8:00am
Registration begins at 9:30am
Auction begins at 11:00am
Auction Rules

Accounts must be paid in full before you leave the auction. PAYMENT OPTIONS - Cash, Check, Credit Card.
Buyers may set up a TAB (with valid ID), or pay cash at the time of winning bid purchase.
Bids will be in dollar increments.
A FOUR Color dot system will be used to assure a fair mix of different items.
$3 EXPRESS BIDS: After the end of the First Table, buyers/sellers may pay a $3 cash fee to have the item auction off immediately during the auction.
DONATIONS: Please specify donations as “Donation” or “Marzina Fund.”
Any items not claimed or left behind become property of GPASI.
NO PRIVATE SALES. NO RESALE OF PURCHASED AUCTION ITEMS. PLEASE KNOW WHAT YOUR BIDDING ON BEFORE BIDDING AS ALL SALES ARE FINAL, Buyer Beware. GPASI does not guarantee any item and is not responsible for any loss..
Seller Rules

Split is 70% to the seller and 30% to GPASI for bags $2 or more.
Bags that sell for $1 the split is 0% seller, 100% GPASI.
Bags are to be labeled with an alpha numeric numbering system (ex. ABC 01, ABC 02).
The seller chooses the 3 letters and bags are numbered in ascending sequence. Please ASK the registration table if your 3 Letter seller code has been already taken.
All sellers MUST register BEFORE taking your items to the “Check In” tables. Bags MUST be marked Clearly with the following: Bag Number, Your Name, Phone Number or Email Address, Scientific name of Fish, Common Name (if applicable), and actual number of fish in bag. BAGS WITHOUT THIS INFO WILL BE CHARGED $3 TO BE CORRECTLY LABELED OR WILL NOT BE AUCTIONED.
Appropriate terminology: PAIR = 1 male, 1 female of same species, MATED PAIR = pair that has spawned, TRIO = 1 male, 2 females of same species, REVERSE TRIO = 2 males, 1 female of same species.
Sellers MUST bring items to be auctioned off to the “Check In” tables. Do not place bags on any colored tables.
GPASI reserves the right to refuse sale of obviously sick/deformed fish, fish that are to small / young or fish regulated by the state of PA.
All Equipment should be labeled as to its conditions ( Example: New, Used, Works, Noisy, Leaks, Ect.).
If an item does NOT sell, it will be set back and will NOT come up for sale again.
All fish MUST be housed in suitable bags/buckets. NO Ziplocs or Baggies or buckets with no lids.
Catfish, cichlids, and others with sharp spines MUST be DOUBLE BAGGED.
$3 REBAGGING FEE - for fish improperly bagged - Play it safe and double bag everything!
Sellers are limited (per household) 5 BAGS OF ANY SPECIES OR COLOR/FIN TYPE OR ITEM TYPE. This will be enforced! Extra bags/items will NOT
be sold.
Sellers may not remove items placed in the auction after they have been checked in.
Seller’s proceed check will be mailed to the address given to GPASI at registration table.

GPASI website: http://gpasi.org
GPASI Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/GPASI.org?refsrc=http://www.google.com/

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
dude I'm going to try to make it for sure!
Hope to see you there!

And as for the rest of the forum, we need more )\/(onster keepers in gpasi people! Let's see some Armatus and Doviis at the auction! As much as I love gpasi there's not many huge fish people so I think if some local MFK members joined or brought things to the auction that we'd see some more monsters showing up.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
What can I expect to see there in the way of vendors and whatnot? I really only need equipment and such, I don't have much room for any tropical fish haha.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Hope to see you there!

And as for the rest of the forum, we need more )\/(onster keepers in gpasi people! Let's see some Armatus and Doviis at the auction! As much as I love gpasi there's not many huge fish people so I think if some local MFK members joined or brought things to the auction that we'd see some more monsters showing up.
I'd love to bring fish but as it stands the only fish I could bring would be my polys, and they aren't monsters yet haha, biggest one is only 9"ish

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
What can I expect to see there in the way of vendors and whatnot? I really only need equipment and such, I don't have much room for any tropical fish haha.
Might be some used filters and such but there's not going to be any new FX5s or anything like that. Everything goes for SUPER cheap though, last year someone got a barely used great condition 6,000 gph pond filter for $7. And there's normally a few natives there if you're in the market for any, always a few bags of Pygmy sunfish and least Killies.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I'd love to bring fish but as it stands the only fish I could bring would be my polys, and they aren't monsters yet haha, biggest one is only 9"ish
I didn't mean they have to be monsters, I just meant we always get a ton of livebearers, small catfish, small cichlids, small characins, etc and we could use some more big of big growing fish.

But everyone, PLEASE BRING ANY KIND OF FISH YOU'D LIKE TO SELL REGARDLESS OF SIZE OR SPECIES AS LONG AS IT IS NOT SICK/DEFORMED OR ILLEGAL/BANNED!!!!!

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Also, if anyone is interested in joining GPASI as well our monthly meeting is this Friday April 24th at the Phipps Conservatory Garden Center, meeting starts at 7:30 but feel free to come early if interested. Presentation is "Forest Fishes of the Peruvian Amazon" by Liz Marchio. Liz will also be bringing rare, WC fish with her from a research lab in Mexico. In addition to the presentation, there will be a small auction and raffle at the meeting, as usual. Please PM for further meeting details about monthly meetings though as I wish to keep this thread exclusive to the spring auction.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store