how do i have diy gel food sink

catfishguy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2014
moon
Hey guys how do you make gel foods sink i made some the other day and it won't sink, to i need to let it sit out before i put it in the fridge so the air bubbles come out?

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Before it cools off, I pour it onto lava rock, and let it set. It seems to hold on to the rough surface, tried it on smoother rock, but didn't work
I like the way it make the fish act, as if they were pulling food off rock, as they might do in nature.

Damurph82

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2015
Knoxville TN
Did you use a blender? If so, that's a no no. It fills it full of air bubbles. I gently mix my snail jello by hand with a spoon and pour it in a wide dish so that it's about a quarter inch thick. Then I lift edge of the container off the table about a half inch or so and drop it a few times like you would for a cake mix and put it in the freezer for about an hour or hour and a half then cut it into servings and bag it and freeze.

Sent from my LGUS990 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
what ingredients did you use? I use hikari sinking carnivore, massivore, NLS thera+ and garlic and mine sinks quick fast and in a hurry.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I'd get some kind of sinking pellet in the mix...may help the buoyancy issue

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Or you can stick a kitchen fork in it to get it to sink, depending on the size of the gel food chunk.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store