Background ideas/colors

jmolter86

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2015
bristol, pa
I'm getting a new tank tomorrow. 75 gal. It is housing my flowerhorn, main display tank, in my living room. I need ideas for background in the tank. I want to paint it. The current tank he's in has a black painted background and I want to change the color. I've read blue is best for flowerhorn but I really don't like the look of solid blue. I tried on a spare tank some experiments with 4 color background. White baby blue light blue and dark blue all kinda mixed up to give it a textured patterned look. It was OK but I don't think it fits my living room well. My gf wants it to blend with the colors of the housr, which are earthy colors browns tans sage green orange yellow. I was thinking of a solid sage green background. Does anyone have experience with green? I also saw a guy use tub foil. He painted it then crumbled it and touched it up then used it as a background. It made a 3d look. I'm not exactly sure how to do it though. Any thoughts ideas or suggestions? ?????

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jmolter86

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2015
bristol, pa
Tank will have a few plastic plants that my fish likes to push around. Substrate is a thin layer of natural color river pebbles with some pool filter sand mixed in.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I'd suggest one of the roll on backings you get at the LFS, with a green plant theme. I have that on my other tank, and it always looked quite good I thought.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

jmolter86

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2015
bristol, pa
The final result. Went with green. It's flat camouflage green. Figured I would post this to let anyone that's interested in a green background see how it looks.uploadfromtaptalk1430056177837.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store