Circulation flow

houie925

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2008
Manteca, California
What's the powerhead supposed to accomplish? Move solid waste toward your filter intake? Provide additional circulation for fish that prefer fast water? What's the current filtration setup? What size and type are the "good size fish?"

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
What's the powerhead supposed to accomplish? Move solid waste toward your filter intake? Provide additional circulation for fish that prefer fast water? What's the current filtration setup? What size and type are the "good size fish?"
Well I was told it should help with providing more oxygen when you have water movement. I could be wrong but I am not sure. My filtration is a marineland canister filter for 100gallons and I also have a hanging marineland filter for 75 gallon I think. I also have a uv filter and a large biofilter or whatever it is called on the floor of the tank. I just want to make the tank a happy place for the fish. Some fish are around 6"...I have one 10" red belly pacu that I will be giving to a store for credit Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
Circulation is always good. Unless the specied prevent it, I think a good turnover id necessary to a healthy tank. Surface agitation is what provides oxygen though. The marineland hangon back filter should be providing enough oxygen in the water by breaking the surface tension of the water.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Thats a great looking fish.

Odd assortment of fish, but I like it. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store