Fx6 problems

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
You have an air leak somewhere. Most likely from an o-ring. Try lubing all o-rings with silicone grease.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Also verify that the rubber intake connector is at least one inch below the water level at all times to avoid drawing in air.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
if you shut it off and restart it do the bubbles go away for awhile or start immediately? If they stop for a few hours then you may not have a problem at all. There's an inherent design issue with filters that have the pump in the wrong place. (The bottom) FX filters have a timer built in and shut off every 24 hours so air can escape. Next time get an Eheim and you will be happier.

Sent from my car phone

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
First and last time I buy a fx

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
There's nothing wrong with an FX with the exception of the hefty price tag (same with Eheim). The design is not flawed as the other poster would like you to believe. Just like every filter that's out there, that's ever been made, it sometimes just need a little tweaking. Most of the time this is easily figured out by someone whose fairly mechanically minded.

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
Also verify that the rubber intake connector is at least one inch below the water level at all times to avoid drawing in air.
^ this, I've never had issues with my x5 or x6 great filter just a little pricey

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ultimatejay

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
USA
if you shut it off and restart it do the bubbles go away for awhile or start immediately? If they stop for a few hours then you may not have a problem at all. There's an inherent design issue with filters that have the pump in the wrong place. (The bottom) FX filters have a timer built in and shut off every 24 hours so air can escape. Next time get an Eheim and you will be happier.

Sent from my car phone
There's countless threads of Eheims with top O-ring leaking so they aren't perfect. They are both good filters. I have over 8 years going on my fx5 without any problems.

mudbuttjones

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wisconsin
There's countless threads of Eheims with top O-ring leaking so they aren't perfect. They are both good filters. I have over 8 years going on my fx5 without any problems.

+1 there are countless threads on the matter.

I've had eheim, fluval, and sunsun canisters leak. Most leaks are the fault of the user. My self included. Keep spare orings/gaskets on hand and properly lube the ones you have in use.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store