What's the best wetdry filter?

CichlaLoverer

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Sheboygan WI
I am looking to buy a wetdry filter for a 225 gal custom 5x3x2,
I undecided what brand to buy and the best....
I'm looking at the
-Proclear 300gal
-Aqualine 300gal
-eshopps 300gal
These are the brand and rated, hopefully I can get some pics if you guys have these wetdry filters and feedbacks
Thanks!

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Make your own. Bioballs are starting to become dated with all these new submerged and fluidized medias on the market. You'll save a ton of money, increase water volume, and have a better filter when all is said and done.

LinhOC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2015
HB
All brand wet/dry sump work the same, all depend on your taste
I have eshopps wc 300 just pull off, if you are interest let me know.

DSC00419.JPG

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
To me, a wet dry is basically a sump, (in other words), a box to put stuff in.
So I use old scratched up aquariums or barrels for sumps, and design the filtration components however they fit.
I suppose the ease of a pre-made wet dry may be worth it, but I feel their cost compared to something that is easily put together, is not worth it.

johnnytaboo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
MD, DC, VA
I have both the Proclear and two Aqualine's on 3 of my tanks (proclear on my 144, and the aqualines on my 92 corner and 240). Both are nice filters, easy to maintain, and have pull out trays to change the filter pads - which was the main reason I didn't like the Eshopps wet/drys. I will admit that I prefer the Proclear by a slim margin because the build quality seems a bit better; however, I wasn't able to find a larger wet/dry from Proclear anywhere, so I went with the Aqualine. I have two aqualines, and for the price, they continue to serve me well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store