Fist Salt tank!

Aqualoon

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
Minnesota
Been in freshwater for years and this is my first real dive into Saltwater...best part is that I'm not paying for it - it's an office tank. Keep in mind my office is made up of 3 people and this isn't a place where we get customers. So I get to maintain and stock the tank and enjoy it all day long without going broke - love it!

Cycling it right now and had Nitrates this morning (woohoo!). Course my Nitrites were still off the charts but my Ammonia was down to 0.25ppm so it's coming along nicely.

Can't have a thread like this without pictures - keep in mind still getting everything setup yet and finalized like the ATO and the automatic water changer.

Tv2MhXQ.jpg

The tank with it's first fish! I guess technically I can say that I didn't kill the first fish now.

9PCQhRq.jpg

Picture of the sump in the back. Basically have the tank in the office, then put a hole through the wall and then running all the plumping in the back warehouse.

VNU3Opj.jpg

Rest of the sump and the controllers.

sgaGSr5.jpg

Barrels for the ATO and automatic water changer - once that get finished setting up. Put it on a pallet as we have a slop sink about 15ft. away (where the RO unit is) so figure the easiest thing to do was just use a pallet jack to move things back and forth.

oWSZSMm.jpg

First day seeing Nitrates! It's only been up a week now, on day 1 added Bio-Spira to see if it helped establish the bacteria (wasn't expecting instant results like it says on the packaging). But this fishless cycle seems to be going faster then normal (granted haven't had to do a fishless cycle in awhile as I always had seeded filters for my freshwater tanks).

So yeah, so far so good and really excited!

Will post future updates (good and bad) with pictures (because pictures are fun).

Tv2MhXQ.jpg

9PCQhRq.jpg

VNU3Opj.jpg

sgaGSr5.jpg

oWSZSMm.jpg

Aqualoon

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
Minnesota
No doubt, would have never gone with all those Apex Controllers if I was footing the bill!

My tank has software - it's just fun to say that :)

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
looking great! :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store