Driftwood Opinions

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
Finally setting up my 220 gallon for my Hoplarchus psittacus. I am currently messing around with the driftwood and this is what I have come up with for a centrally located setup. What do you guys think? This is composed of 3 separate pieces of wood.

I am thinking that I may want to open up the middle and place to separate stacks of wood on each side, but I didn't want to take this down without getting an opinion because I would probably never get it in the same position again :)

driftwood1.jpg
driftwood2.jpg.

driftwood1.jpg

driftwood2.jpg

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
I added one more piece..I still need to adjust it a bit so it doesn't stick out of the top.
20150427_204239.jpg
20150427_204304.jpg

20150427_204239.jpg

20150427_204304.jpg

Jer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2010
Colorado, USA
I like the way that looks but I've also seen setups that have two different stacks to either side with a channel in the middle that also looks good so I'm no help. I've had a massive stack of flagstone-like rock in the middle of my main tank for a couple of decades & I hate it. Someday I will invest in several large pieces of driftwood like you have & either do something similar to what you have here or two stacks to either side. My dream would be to find the perfect stump/root system that I can split in half to secure to the top & back of the tank or 1/4 it to put in a quarter along with a stack to the other side. I just need to find an inexpensive trustworthy place to order from. So far all the places I've seen are too proud of their pieces. I live at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains so you'd think I'd figure out what works & what doesn't & just go get my own. I digress. Looks good the way it is but I'm sure it would look good split too.

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
Thanks for the response Jer. I think that I will try them on the sides just to see what it looks like.

Sent from my SM-N910V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Durrells

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2012
Beavercreek, OH
Leave it alone IMO, looks great.
I agree, I've always been a fan of the centerpiece look. The sides can be accented/filled with plants or left empty if proffered. Personally, I love the look of what you have there so far. Driftwood can be so versatile!

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Reactions: TripleW

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
Thanks guys, I actually took it apart to try and find away to align it on the sides but I agree, it isn't doing to look as good. I took enough pictures to be able to get it back as it was.....thanks for the compliments...I will take a few more pics when everything is done.

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Looks good, although I honestly liked it more with just the 3 pieces as shown in the original 2 pics. If it was mine I'd leave the wood setup as is and slide it over within an inch or 2 of the right side of the tank.

Just my .02 of course :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store