My tank is safe on this stand ?

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; The actual pictures do not seem to match the diagrams. I count seven internal supports (panneaux de contraplaque) in the diagram and only four in the picture. Perhaps they are doubled up?

The diagram also shows front and rear panels (portes donnant acces) that are not pictured. These panels should add strength in a lateral direction to prevent sideways torque. They may also add some vertical strength. Both types of strength depending on how they are fastened.

The material appears to be wood. It is hard to judge the thickness and also what type of panels. It would be interesting to know how the panels are made and how they are bonded. Some plywoods are quite strong.

If the tanks are to be filled as pictured, I would be a bit concerned based on the limited information. As pictured I would likely not use that stand without knowing more. I am a pessimist by nature and tend to want things stronger than necessary.

Good luck

BlackShark087

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2015
Quebec, Canada
Hello thank you for quick answer, SkJl47 - the diagram was a draft, the picture that illustrate the most the skeleton is the second, we removed 3 panels and doubled both extremity, All the frame is Plywood and sprayed up with urethane to prevent from humidity to attack the frame. Yes Full plywood panel at the back and doors front and side, but all the doors will open the only part that add strength is the back plywood panel, All the skeleton is plywood (kind of high density plywood) the fiberwood you saw was just a test everything is replace by solid walnut trim and doors. Every part of plywood skeleton are glued together and we used stainless screws.

I will post more picture of the final composition soon.

paulW

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2008
ohio
It looks like you used 3/4" plywood.. If so, then yes, that is definitely strong enough.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store