Jan 30, 2007
colorado
could one go into a 120 48'' 24'' 24'' with tankmates

jloos1988

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
canton, MI
just bought an african pike and he immediatly made friends with my yellow tail barracuda and follows him throughout the whole tank which is cool to watch. the pike is really fast and will chase feeders through the tank which is also awsome to watch. maybe keep him with other characins because it seems that they like them (my barracuda). i would definatly recommend this fish becuase they're fun to watch

rixy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
cornwall,england
you have to be careful of anything that looks similar.i put a gar in and my pike started opening and closing his mouth pretty fast like he was pi***d off or excited,then,bang,he had the gar in his mouth.luckily he dropped it,i put the net in and caught the gar and put him in my spare tank.be careful what you put in with the pike.ive only had mine for 2 weeks so im no expert.

rasdbo

420man
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2005
near purple indo lake
glad people are talking about this fish, fun to watch hunt, tempermental will leave long gashes in the side of fish if they don't like them, mine attacks both of my pbass and has left a couple of scars on them. will eat frozen and live foods such as shrimp, worms, silversides, and feeders mine will not take pellets or flake food but have heard of people getting them on pellets. WATCH YOUR GAR BECAUSE ONE DAY THEY MAY NOT GET ALONG!!:naughty: :cry:

baracuda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2005
SoCal
rixy;774133; said:
you have to be careful of anything that looks similar.i put a gar in and my pike started opening and closing his mouth pretty fast like he was pi***d off or excited,then,bang,he had the gar in his mouth.luckily he dropped it,i put the net in and caught the gar and put him in my spare tank.be careful what you put in with the pike.ive only had mine for 2 weeks so im no expert.
Like Rixy said, try not to mix them with any fish that look similar to them like arowanas and fish like that...my pike attacked my jardini during the first two minutes it was in the tank....had to take out the pike and later the jar died of its injuries...they sport some wicked teeth...just my .02 :) Gl...

aro.JPG

auaro.JPG

baro.JPG

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
wow hope my needlenose gars will live if i get one what sounds right to pay for one theres one on aquabid.com for like $40

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store