Datnoid

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
um a few questions about dats. 1. how fast they grow. 2. how big they get. 3. what u feed. 4. how much u pay for yours. please list size when bought. mine i paid 20$ at 3 or 4 ins

cuban jey

"tha movement you bastards"
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2005
Tampa Bay
dats grow kinda slow i bought mine at 5in. for $39.99 a year ago and hes now 6 1/2 in. and eats like a pig, ive seen one huge dat in person awhile ago it was like a 1ft long and about a 1ft tall at my lfs theyre selling 2inchers for 14.99 to me theyre my favorite fish-looking fish mine love krill,prawn,feeders,silversides,ghostshrimp

thefishofdoom

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2005
California
thanks and i think there one of my coolest fish

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
They grow slow, will eat most things, I just bought an indo. tiger at 3in for $40 yet also just bought a silver dat at 6in for $40 also. just depends on what type ya buy.

Im currently starving mine into take pellets/krill, 8 days and counting!

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Illegal
www.wofc.org
Hmmm...great most asked questions about Dats.

I think they grow slow, but I have my 5" in my 330 and bought it last month, but now it looks more like 6". I feed mine beefheart, that is pure meat. Instant protein, sorta like steroids. But not all of them eat it. I paid $100.00 for the 5" pulchers at a LFS here, and then I got a 10" one for $***.**, and also the one I got from Wes(fugupuff) at 12" for $***.**. Prices are hidden per the sellers request. :) If you could get them to eat beefheart, they will grow fast. I am trying to get all of them to eat beefheart. So far, only 4 out of the 12 I have are eating meat. The rest are live feeders, and dried krill.

blacktip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Cali
Compared to a lot of the pimelodid catfish and many cichlids, dats grow kind of slow. I've had my Indo Dat for 2 months and he has grown from a little over 2" to just over 3". I paid $30 for him which was fairly standard in several LFS in my area at the time.

The same store I bought him from has a couple of 5" Indos for $120 a piece. I think he is crazy. I'm hoping he will eventually give them up for a much smaller price when I get my 200 up and running. One kind of picked on the other a lot and he just seperated them. Perhaps he will give me a hell of a deal on the lesser of the two guys.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store