dat colors

lizardfishman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Oregon
i found some silver dats and some gold dats for sale online. do any of those get the gold body and black lines like the dats most of you keep?

the sliver dat was listed as datnioides quadrifascitus

the gold dat was datnioides microlepis

they are being sold for 55$ each at 2-3.5"

Fish Room Plus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
of course not the silver.........The indo will not get a bright gold.........If your looking for more of the bright gold color, stick with the thin & wide bar dats's

sharp tooth

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2005
uk
thin bars are a waste of time to be honest, i just sold 4 the other day they arnt even a gold colour. there more brown.

if yo want a gold dat you want to look for a couius cambelli the ng dat. but these are well pricey and most class them as being a brackish water fish as they get older.
next down the line is the wide bar which is my favorite datinoides pulcher.
then you indo after that datinoides microlepis, which is the most common of the dats over here in the uk.
the siver dat is ment to be a brackish fish but i have one in fresh and he is doing relly well and has done for some time.

IoStrisciare

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
A Watery Grave
indo tigers do get quite gold. Have a pce thats w a friend now... looks as good as any Siamese.

New Guinea Tigers are more yellow than a gold color. Their colors make them look more like a bumblebee. "Gold" looking ones tend to be their unstable coloration.

Fish Room Plus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
sharp tooth said:
thin bars are a waste of time to be honest, i just sold 4 the other day they arnt even a gold colour. there more brown.

if yo want a gold dat you want to look for a couius cambelli the ng dat. but these are well pricey and most class them as being a brackish water fish as they get older.
next down the line is the wide bar which is my favorite datinoides pulcher.
then you indo after that datinoides microlepis, which is the most common of the dats over here in the uk.
the siver dat is ment to be a brackish fish but i have one in fresh and he is doing relly well and has done for some time.

These are a waiste of time?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v380/VINCENT3161/HPIM0957.jpg

lizardfishman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Oregon
how much do those cost fishroomplus? what species are they?

Fish Room Plus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
THIN BARS DATNOIDS..I SOLD THESE LAST MONTH FOR $35 EACH. The point being that thin bars are also nice in color. Yes they tend to change color easily, the wide bars dont. Placed in a healthy enviorment, they challenge the for the nicest Dat's :clap

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store