eheim 2217 issue

fatsolomon

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2005
new hampshire
i am the second owner of the filter and for the last year and a half i ran it on my 125 with the help of a fluval 404 and a ac110. a couple of weeks ago i changed the media in the 2217 and when i put it all back together and pluged it in it made funny noises. i waited to see if it was just air, and like an hour or so later it was doing the same thing. i pulled it apart to find the shaft snapped in two. i went online and got another from eheim parts, and yesterday when i put it in the same noise happened. i didnt let it go on this time pulling the plug immediatly and taking it apart again. the shaft was fine but the noise was there. is it possible that the coils inside are burnt out? i dont really know the age of the filter but i dont think that it is that old. now i am running a magnum 350 in its place untill i can figure this carp out. have any of you eheim owners ever come across this issue? none of my other canisters have ever had a problem. this is pissing me off. :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear:

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
fatsolomon;805008; said:
have any of you eheim owners ever come across this issue? none of my other canisters have ever had a problem. this is pissing me off.
Be upset about yourself, not about the filter ;)

Look at the manual or download a diagram of the precise pump assembly. Take it all apart. Clean it all. Assemble it carefully and thoroughly. Make sure no residual sherds of the old axle are left in either one of the black rubber stopper nor anywhere in the head.

Then prime your filter and plug it in.

If it still rattles, then you ruined the pump weeks ago by running it for an hour with a broken axle. :( Because these axles last forever if they are properly installed.

Good luck,
HarleyK

fatsolomon

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2005
new hampshire
well that doesnt help my off pissedness.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store