Suggestions for the next raffle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
I figure since the current raffle is winding down, we might as well start talks of what's coming next, price, etc. Please, let's keep this organized and actually make this productive.

bluedempsey

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Monster's r us
i would have to say a filter or something along that line
so our international members have a chance

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I would hve to agree with blue...A filter or two....heaters....something that everyone has a chance to enter in....also, adding in a MONSTER T-shirt in there would be great!!!

Jen ;)

shookONES

MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
My suggestions:

Eheim 2080 with media.
Let's be honest. Everyone sets their sights on a monster tank and often overlooks an equally monster filtration system. The Eheim 2080 is as good as it gets in terms of brand name filtration.

A Grade M.Tigrinus.
A Tig...nuff said.

A high grade ray (Leo variant, flower, tiger, etc)
While everyone wants one of these guys, not many can afford them. Most of us are limited to P.Motoro or one of the teacup rays. This will give many a rare opportunity to keep a truly rare fish.

While free raffles are amazing, I wouldn't mind spending a few bucks to have a shot at something truly amazing. I don't think anyone would object to a $5-$10 raffle fee. We could cap it off at 2 tickets a person.

jenBLKAROWANA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2005
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
That filter is awesome...I would love to win something like that! The fish are awesome too...But not everyone can house fish like that, If we went with just the "hard goods" this time around, I think we would have more people picking numbers...could not hurt to try!

Jen ;)

blacktip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Cali
I think that aquarium supplies would be an awesome choice for a raffle. I also think that a paid raffle would be worthwhile as well.

Hoever, I know that this last raffle made me a much more active participant in the board and that, I assume, was the desired result of the raffles. I'm not sure that paid raffles would have the same results.

That being said, if they want to raffle off a tig, I'd be all for it (we're allowed to be selfish once in a while aren't we?)

shoefreak03

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
in my own little world
i think the filter is a great idea, not the ray since alot of the members will not be able to partipate (myself) since stingrays are illegal in the states. :swear:

a tig on the other hand is a good idea too, i can always use another one. :thumbsup: more reasons to upgrade to a bigger tank sooner.

shookONES

MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
Let's up Li goes with the filter. God knows I could use a canister like that !

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Any thing.
An Australian!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store