HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Howdy,

I see a lot of sale threads where folks advertise their fish as undamaged, in prestine condition. There really is something beautiful about a fish that displays an unbroken pattern and impeccable physique. Let's call that fish perfect.

Please prove me wrong, but I have yet to see a fish advertised as tough monster action hero with the battle scars to show survival of the fittest. The fish becomes recognizable, stands out amongst look-alikes. Let's say that fish has character.

Assuming a happy and healthy fish: Are scars part of life, or do they totally ruin a fish for yo? Do you care at all?

Let's poll

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
strange per say question, I want my fish to be perfect, grow up perfect and die perfect, but then again read my sig.

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Howdy,

I see a lot of sale threads where folks advertise their fish as undamaged, in prestine condition. There really is something beautiful about a fish that displays an unbroken pattern and impeccable physique. Let's call that fish perfect.

Please prove me wrong, but I have yet to see a fish advertised as tough monster action hero with the battle scars to show survival of the fittest. The fish becomes recognizable, stands out amongst look-alikes. Let's say that fish has character.

Assuming a happy and healthy fish: Are scars part of life, or do they totally ruin a fish for yo? Do you care at all?

Let's poll
Part of life. Aggressive the fish more likely it will be in fights. Which is directly proportional to scars and inversely proportional to perfect out of the box toy condition . my 0.2 cents though. :)

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
I chose don't c@re. It's not so much that I don't c@re, as much as to me it depends on the fish. When a fish talks to you, it talks to you. Whether it's them being a perfectly undamaged example of their species or something about their personality or scars that you connect with for myself it's a case by case basis.

Edit:Changed my a's to @ because with the a's in, my post became a link to some music or something of the like.

Last edited:

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I don't mind if they have scars from there time with me, I can always tell a story about it. I wouldn't buy fish with scars because I'll have to tell another person's story or tell them I don't know.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I guess it depends on the species and what I expect of it.
If I got a Midas I'd expect it to have a ton of personality.
If I got a salvini I'd expect it to be pretty.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store