Monster Compatibility Thread: Go or no go?

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
This thread is for you to post your experiences. Tell us the fish you tried, the sizes, and a YES or NO.

For example: 10" Largemouth Bass and 8" Oscar

Result:NO. The bass was spastic at tropical temps, and beat up the oscar.

filiportela

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2005
portugal
i don't think it is a question of yes or no, with large fish it's moustly NO, but if you are lucky or if your fish have grown together or for a bunch of other reasons sometimes it works...

i thinkyou should ask, like, hard mixes that worked, not the ones that didn't those whould be too many eheheh

still, good luck;)

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
filiportela;832491; said:
i don't think it is a question of yes or no, with large fish it's moustly NO, but if you are lucky or if your fish have grown together or for a bunch of other reasons sometimes it works...

i thinkyou should ask, like, hard mixes that worked, not the ones that didn't those whould be too many eheheh

still, good luck;)
With this site, I have seen many mixes of large aggressive fish, so I am trying to help members learn by experience which combos might work and at what sizes. Obviously, the personality of each individual fish comes into play.

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
I think it is a worthwhile endeavor. I would like to hear about personal experiences, it might save me, or someone else time and money down the road. There will always be exceptions to every rule but in general would be helpful.

mikehawk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
FL
18" silver aro w/ 7" needle fish was a bad idea. Needle fish turned out to be a $10 feeder.

4" FW cudas w/ 8" blue cat was another bad idea. Those were ~$20/feeder.

Shiner

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2007
Texas
Would a Peacock Bass and a Large Mouth work out? I can't decided which one I want more!

AwolAngler

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2007
South Eastern Ma.
www.myspace.com
I think a large mouth and a peacock would work out fine together I wouldn't keep the water to warm though... Maybe around 75f* and maybe start the large mouth out slightly larger then the peacock but not more then an inch or so.

dovii88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
rhode island of course
MY EXPERIENCES

1. 6 inch Female red devil & 9 inch lung fish (didnt work lungfish took chunk outta devil)
  2. Pair of blue rams, and leopard ctenopa( worked actually really well, kept the ram's fry from taking over)
  3. Convicts , and bichirs(worked nothing happnd actually a really nice mix)

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
6" endlichei and now we will be at 3 stingrays 6 " 8" 9" rays dead sliver dollars eat datnoids eyes

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
dovii88;833604; said:
MY EXPERIENCES

1. 6 inch Female red devil & 9 inch lung fish (didnt work lungfish took chunk outta devil)
  2. Pair of blue rams, and leopard ctenopa( worked actually really well, kept the ram's fry from taking over)
  3. Convicts , and bichirs(worked nothing happnd actually a really nice mix)
That's exactly the type of info that I think a lot of members would benefit from. Keep it going.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store