Best tank setup for Dwarf gourami

peaches

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2005
I have a well-established work-in progress planted 10gallon with 1 male dwarf gourami enjoying it greatly. I would like to make this a small peaceful community tank. But I can't decide which species would be best. I would love to have a small schooling fish and some bottom dwellers.

Any ideas?

jonahonah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2006
CANADA
some of the micro rasboras eg maculata or if you can find the galaxy danios that would look great. for the bottom i would use loaches to keep with the south asiantheme but some pygmy corys would would and they shoal midwater giving more interest

peaches

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2005
Thanks for the replies everyone!

My local fishstore has recently been stocking the Galaxy Rasboras (Aka Celestial Pearl danio) but they are 8.99 a piece! Quite expensive!

Rasboras are an idea I have highly considered. But I can't decide between something really colorful like neons or Cardinals. I know this doesn't go with a Southeast Asian theme though.

micro rasboras would be neat too.

for the bottom i would use loaches
What species are you speaking of? Dwarf chain loaches? I bet these would be the best but they are soo hard to find around here. But we do have Yoyos and Clowns (I know clowns are out of the question for a 10gal) Kuhlis maybe?

pygmy corys would be awesome but again they tend to be hard to find. I've been checking my local petstores lately around here frequently.

At what stocking levels would you recommend for my tank? say, how many rasboras and how many cories? or how many cardinals or neons and how many loaches or cories? Anymore suggestions are welcome!

Angel51087

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 14, 2007
UK
yea i would agree with the harlequin rasboras, if you can find the black variety they are more striking than the regular. I would get some Corydoras Schwartzi- very cool. Could even get away with a Bulldog (rubber lipped) Plec in there- they reach 3'' ish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store