100 gal club, filtration?

dogface

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2007
STL
For those running tanks 100 gals or more, what kind of filtration are you guys running? Just would like to compare it to mine. Currently I have a 110 gal w/

30 gal sump, water runs through filter socks, then 30 lbs of live rock, then a sponge. I also do light skimming with a cpr bakpak. Circulation in my take is 2 return lines (250gph each) and 2 rio plus powerheads (642gph each). Tell me what you guys got, I need some ideas to better the tank. Also I only have 3 fish.

Steve737

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Roselle, IL
Do you want only SW setups since you posted it in the "General Salt" sub-forum? I don't have salt, but I have a 210 FW.

sprayin70

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2006
ga
Well it sounds like you are on your way! I would remove the sponges in the sump "Nitrate Trap" I would also clean the filter sock each week or it will also turn into a Nitrate Trap. Upgrading to a nice in sump or external skimmer will do a WORLD of good for your setup. It sounds like you almost have a refugium in your sump so I might add some cheto macro algae and a clip on light with a NO 6500k builb from walmart. This will also help your ph if you run on opposite schedule with your main tank lights. Flow depends on what you are going to keep. The same with lighting. One thing to remember is with a nice big skimmer it will help bunches with your gas air exchange and that is important because of PH if the co2 is high you ph will stay low until you have more gas air exchange. Good Luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store