MFK TEXAS Meet+++ JUNE 2-3

tankyou

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2007
TEXAS
Here is the next step in making this happen everyone! It will be the first MFK meet in Texas and lets hope on a good one to build upon for future events as well. Please read over this posting below and comment/add suggestions. I have lined up some deal offers as you can see more info will follow.

***These are all PROPOSED IDEAS and anyones comments/suggestions are very welcome, event is not far away and everyone is welcome. Good chance to meet fellow hobbyists.:headbang2

What: Texas MFK meet-San Antonio!

When: Sat, Sun June 2-3 2007

Where: Meet up on Saturday, June 3rd, at 1pm at Awana Pets address:
1739 SW Loop 410 Ste 503
San Antonio, TX
78227-1668
Phone: (210) 673-7387

The meet will be a 2 day event consisting of some BBQ/ social events, LFS tours, local historic attractions, San Antonio Zoo (huge asian arowana), the Alamo & Riverwalk, and anything else we can come up with!

Saturday itinerary: 1pm Awana Pets parking lot off 410 and Marbach Rd. From there, we will tour numerous LFS. So far, 2 or 3 LFS have offered to extend deals to MFK members for the meet. Details will follow on exactly what those deals are soon. We will have a chance to enjoy some Texas style BBQ at famous Brackenridge Park or at another location for BBQ and drinks. Hotel accommodations are very numerous in the area. If any questions please PM the MFK member “tankyou”. or post them on this thread.

Sunday Itinerary: Meet at 9:00am for some breakfast at either Denny’s or IHOP. From there, we tank up on Coffee and prepare to visit local attractions such as the San Antonio Zoo (discount extended),then we will travel around downtown area to the Alamo or whatever else we decide.

*Note: Schedule may change when we meet up, lets stay flexible and of course we are open to any ideas for other things to do. Bottom line, lets all meet, get some good deals on our hobby needs, and have a great time doing it!!!

Some LFS background info
Awana Pets: While not a very large store compared to most, the selections include mostly oddballs. The owner of the shop has some pretty good hook-ups so if there are any oddballs or hard-to-finds you may want while in town, give him a call in advance. Chances are, he can have it waiting for you when you come to SA. His prices are some of the best around as well.

Alamo Aquatics: is happy to offer some discounts to MFK members for the 2nd or 3rd of June. Alamo Aquatics has a great selection of freshwater and marine fish, aquatic and reptile supplies, all kinds of African and SA cichlids, arowana, and much more. They have a very large 10' tank with a huge green moray on display. They also have a large selection of reptiles. I have bought several specimens from the before and the service was very nice as well.

tankyou

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2007
TEXAS
No replies yet? Where u at:irked: Oh thats right its only been 10 minutes and its 1230 at night your probably sleeping :ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL:

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
wow! wish i was closer.....

for your first meet it might be better to just have it be a day event. just a suggestion, good luck!!!

pics of the local fish for sale might help as well...

tankyou

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2007
TEXAS
Gr8KarmaSF;854215; said:
wow! wish i was closer.....

for your first meet it might be better to just have it be a day event. just a suggestion, good luck!!!

pics of the local fish for sale might help as well...
Well, I guess we could meet Saturday at 9am, go to the pet shops all day and then to the Zoo, and then we all go to dinner that evening. If anyone agrees with Gr8KarmaSF, then post it up.
J

tankyou

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2007
TEXAS
Please also let us know if you plan on coming to the meet as well. If the date is too close, we might be able to plan another one later in the year. At one time it was 20 people at least.

Either way we are still planning the meet for this date for now and there are several comfirmed participants so far:)

me_wee_todded

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2006
Permian Basin
www.myspace.com
great job

i dont go to SA very often so i think it would be good as a two day deal.
cause we are driving for about 400 miles and my relatives will be from even farther. two days would be good.

i had better call my family and let em know this information.

tankyou

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2007
TEXAS
There was interest in doing this meet before on another thread, but now it seems like the crickets are chirping lol. If you are able to make it, let us know. Otherwise we can move the meet further out or in another location.

me_wee_todded

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2006
Permian Basin
www.myspace.com
REDKID!!!;857473; said:
Cool another meet! I think i'm close enough to come this time!
totally REDKID its only about a thousand miles form where you are

Nightfall_Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2007
Texas
Lookin' good guys. I've got a couple people that are planning on going with me depending on work. Let's get 'em rollin'!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store